National Women’s History Alliance
This year’s theme, “Visionary Women: Champions of Peace and Nonviolence” honors women who have led efforts to end war, violence, and injustice and pioneered the use of nonviolence to change society. These Honorees embraced the fact that the means determine the ends and so developed nonviolent methods to ensure just and peaceful results.
Where to register to vote:Lexington League of Women’s Voters.
Here are a few suggestions for celebrating National Women’s History Month in your school, place of worship, community or workplace:
- Download a FREE copy of our 2019 National Women’s History Brochure [PDF] & make as many copies as you need
- Celebrate the women in your lives by sending a card, a postcard, or special message on social media and let them know how they have inspired you in your life
- Request a FREE 2019 Women’s History Gazette
- Check out our teaching resources to encourage students to learn more about Women’s History
- Suggest that your local newspaper, radio and TV programs honor local women’s history